QR codes are becoming more and more common in the modern world. But there is nothing novel about QR codes. Despite the fact that they are widely used and can be found on everything from resumes and receipts to marketing materials, the majority of people still don’t comprehend how QR codes work or how they can be useful for marketing strategies and businesses.
In this guide, we will learn all about QR Codes and how you can utilize QR codes for a better marketing strategy that reaches, engages, and converts your audience.
How Do QR Codes Work?
When using a mobile device with a camera and a QR Code reader app, you simply scan the code to use a QR Code. Popular smartphone platforms like the iPhone and Android offer these applications for free download.
The QR code is converted into usable information, like a text message or mobile web page, once it has been scanned by the device’s camera.
How can QR Codes be used for marketing?
QR codes can be used in a variety of settings for marketing and promotions in a number of useful ways. Nearly all printed materials can incorporate QR Codes, including:
- Brochures, Flyers, and Posters
- Conference/Event Displays
- Business Cards
- Print Advertisements
- Postcards and Mailers
What Can a QR Code Do?
A QR code can be scanned to reveal information that can be used to automatically launch a number of functions on the user’s device, such as:
- See a landing page or mobile website
- Place a Call to a Number linked to the QR Code
- Send a Text Message
- Send an Email
- Check Out a Message or Special Offer
- Download Contact Information (VCARD)
- View a Location on Google Maps
- Check out a social media profile
What Are Some Other Advantages of Using QR Codes?
- User Convenience – With the help of a QR Code, users can easily access a website, phone number, directions, special offers, or other information in just one step.
- Environmentally-Friendly – Utilizing QR Codes can cut down on waste and increase the effectiveness of printed materials.
- Cost-Effective – Producing QR Codes is free; the only thing that limits their use is your marketing strategy.
- Versatile – A wide variety of marketing materials, including print collateral, outdoor display, and direct mail, can be integrated with QR Codes for practically any purpose.
- Device Independent – Unlike apps, which must be specially developed for each platform (e.g., iPhone vs. Android), QR codes and the landing pages they link to can be viewed on all popular smartphone models.
- Measurable – Web analytics and other marketing campaign measurement tools can be used to track actions brought about by QR Codes.
- Competitive Differentiation – Because QR Codes are still a relatively new technology in the United States, those who use them in their outreach campaigns first will distinguish themselves as innovators in strategic marketing.
How to utilize QR codes for a better marketing strategy?
The following are some strategies for maximizing QR codes to accurately track the effectiveness of your marketing campaign:
1. Direct clients to a landing page or website
Any landing page or website can be reached by scanning a QR code, including a signup page. As a result, you won’t have to deal with the hassle of opening the website and navigating the page.
To measure your QR code accurately, be sure to use a unique URL matched with it.
2. Dial your business number
You’ll definitely interact and engage with a crowd at business conferences. If you use QR codes for your booth or station, interested business partners can simply scan the code to get information about your company, including your phone number. In some cases, you can modify the QR code so that it directly dials the recipient’s phone number.
3. Send a message
The best way to use SMS marketing is to send messages through QR codes. It can be used for sales, customer service, on-demand product upgrades, and SMS registration with consent.
4. Send an email
Similar to sending messages, QR codes for emails will enable you to read and track information about newsletters, email marketing, and the performance rates of your emails (such as open and bounce rates).
In addition, the user can read the same email on his phone by scanning the QR code. This will allow anyone, anywhere to access your email.
5. Download apps
The QR code will direct you to the app’s download page and begin the download once you have scanned it. Businesses have used their creativity to make their QR codes eye-catching. QR codes have been used by well-known apps like Angry Birds in their marketing campaigns.
Additionally, apps themselves have been known to use QR codes to encourage community engagement. Snapchat and other social media apps have produced distinctive QR codes so that users can add people quickly.
Keeping up with that, Spotify recently made the QR codes for their music available. Now, users can share or recommend their music to others by simply scanning a QR code, and it will instantly show up on their device.
6. View the business location
The QR code can provide precise directions to your company’s location rather than requiring you to manually look up the address on online maps. All they have to do is pull out their phone and scan the QR Code on your website.
7. Direct customers to social media pages
For instance, if a user really enjoyed your product or service, they can subscribe to your social media pages to receive more updates. They might even be eligible for a discount or promotion if they use the same QR code to follow you on social media.
8. Shopping and E-commerce
Businesses typically use QR codes for discounts and promotions, which is probably the most common application. The customer can also access the receipt or menu on his phone by providing a distinctive QR code.
If you keep these things in mind and offer a clear call-to-action (CTA), you can set up QR codes for your marketing strategy correctly. It shouldn’t be up to the user to figure out what to do with your QR code.
Additionally, there are some limitations when using QR codes, like internet connectivity. Verify that using QR codes in such a setting is idle before using them.